Friday 10 January 2014

100% Natural Banana Pancakes - Gluten Free, Low Calorie, Flourless | Recipe

So I came across this delicious recipe by Cassie from Blogilates and I just had to share it with you!

Natural Banana Pancakes
*I apologize that they look burnt, I am a terrible cook... but I try*

This is probably one of the easiest recipes i've come across and so easy to make! It only consists of two* ingredients that you will most probably have in your house! It is made out of 100% natural ingredients, low calorie and also gluten free!

Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe banana 
  • 2 whole eggs
*if you want to experiment with taste add a bit of cinnamon
*if you want to experiment with texture, for extra fluffiness add a bit of baking soda/powder

That's it!

  1. First mash the banana in a bowl and then add the two eggs, then mush it all together! 
  2. Next, spray your pan with some oil (extra virgin oil, pan spray, coconut oil etc.) on a low to medium heat.
  3. Scoop some of the batter on to the pan and give it about 20-30 seconds, then flip over and do the same on the other side and it's done!

(If you're a visual learner, check out her instructional video of how to make them here).


This is such a simple recipe and takes no time at all! It's also great to experiment with. It is perfect for an alternative breakfast or a snack!

I've seen some people post that theirs came out 'eggy' or like an 'omelette', but I think that could be avoided by adding a little more banana! Personally, I have never had a problem like this with this recipe.

I hope you give this a try! I think they are delicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment