Friday 27 December 2013

TV Series Recommendation | American Horror Story

*This is a reader friendly recommendation with no spoilers


American Horror Story is described as a horror and 'erotic thriller' TV series. It is an anthology series and each season is conceived as a self contained mini series. Confused much? Basically, every series is a different type of story and the characters all play different people in each.


Currently there are three series, with a forth coming soon; Murder House, Asylum & Coven.
Series 1: Murder House (2011) - Follows a family who move into an old haunted house. Set in 2011.
Series 2: Asylum (2012-13) - Follows the stories of the inhabitants of the insane. Set in 1964.
Series 3: Coven (2013-14) - Follows the battle between witches and voodoo practitioners. Set in 1800 and also the present day. 
Series 4: Coming 2014-15

Evan Peters
American Horror Story is horror with a twist of weird. I think that would be the right word to describe it... Nothing is normal or as it seems. However, don't let that put you off it is an extremely well done TV series. Each episode slowly reveals a bit more and keeps you guessing until the very end. 

There is horror and gore to be found, however I wouldn't say they are totally unbearable. Personally, I found Murder House to be the scariest with a couple of jumps along the way. When I watched the first series, by the end of the episode I was like 'What have I just watched?!' but it was enough to keep me intrigued and i'm glad I carried on watching them.

The one thing that got me, was that some times it is not clear what is going on and sometimes unrealistic. However, for some people this could be a good thing. For me though, I like to know why something has happened, not to be kept guessing. 

There's a brilliant cast, to name a few: Dylan McDermott, Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Lily Rabe, and my personal favourite being Evan Peters.

If you're looking for a new series to watch or just bored and want to pass some time, I highly recommend giving this TV show a watch. I know horror and gore are not for all, but I feel these are different than the typical horror and gore films and are more suitable for viewing. I would personally put the category under more 'creepy' than horror. It is sure to entertain!

I give this a high 8/10.




Have you seen this series? What did you think? Also, what other TV series would you recommend watching?



6 comments:

  1. I've never seen American Horro Story, but I know a lot of people watch it. My favourite TV show has to be TOWIE. Eeek! Embarassing I know!! :-)

    Sharlotte xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! Recommend it if you're looking for something new to watch :)

      Haha I think I must be the only people on the planet who hasn't seen an episode of TOWIE yet!

      x

      Delete
  2. I really need to start watching this, Coven sounds like it is the best series x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE AHS, it's so cool, and Evan Peters is my favourite, too!
    You're blog is amaizing and you are so beautiful!
    I'm following you now, please have a look at my blog, too :)

    Love
    www.jubieboycotts.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete