Thursday 18 December 2014

Dragonfly Tea | Review

Dragonfly Tea*
Everyone's (or most) favourite hot drink! Hurrah! I am an avid lover of herbal tea so I was delighted when I was sent a handful of different teas to try by the lovely people at Dragonfly Tea.

Dragonfly Tea are a family-owned, British tea company with a hundred year heritage of growing and making artisanal teas. Their longstanding relationships with growers and master tea-makers around the world has helped them source the best quality harvests from environmentally and socially responsible gardens. They personally try every new harvest to ensure that they get the taste just right.

Their entire Dragonfly Specialty range is certified by the Organic Food Federation and they are members of the Fairtrade Foundation. They never use artificial additives, preservatives or colourings and all their teas are GM-free. Their teabags are chlorine-free, their boxes and envelopes are recyclable as paper, and their used bags are biodegradable and compostable. 


Each of the teas contained 20 sachets and the rooibos contained 40 tea bags (see pic. below for what they looked like). The tea labels also have quotes on them!

(note: I have a habit of leaving herbal teabags in so my teas are probably a lot stronger that what someone else would have).

Moroccan Mint (Organic Green Tea): For me this was the one that I was most excited to try as I love green tea and spearmint. It makes a difference from the standard green tea I usually have and I think I now prefer it with a hint of spearmint!

Green Gaucho (Organic Mate Tea): I love the taste of this mate tea as it's also refreshing with the hint of lemongrass. The green tea taste isn't overpowering, so I feel if you're new to the green tea hype it would be worth trying this one first to get a taste for it!

Skinny Dragon (Organic Pu'er Tea): I was intrigued to try this as i've never tried pu'er tea before. It has quite a smooth earthy taste. The tea is darker in colour than the others however tastes just as light.

Vanilla Rooibos: This tea has a distinctive sweet smell of honey and smells almost menthol like. As the drink cools you can taste the flavours really come through. It is a sweet tea but it doesn't leave a horrible tangy taste or after taste. Very easy to drink - I think it might become one of my new favourites!


Altogether I have really enjoyed these teas by Dragonfly as they are so easy to drink and taste delicious! Its great to have a choice of different teas that all taste equally as nice.



The full Dragonfly Tea range is available from www.dragonflytea.com. It is also available at Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose, Ocado, Holland & Barrett, John Lewis and independents.

Email: hello@dragonflytea.com
Facebook: /dragonflyteauk
Twitter: @dragonflytea
Instagram: /dragonflyteauk


No comments:

Post a Comment